Data Security Analysts must possess a thorough understanding of all aspects of computer and network security, including such areas as firewall administration, encryption technologies and network protocols. Data Security Analysts need strong oral and written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment and self-motivation. They should be able to multitask and work well under pressure. It is important that candidates keep abreast of industry security trends and developments, as well as applicable Government regulations.
Typical Job Duties:
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization; coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential; successful; and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure; applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks; systems; and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies; through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments; including user accounts; application access; file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
Required Certification: Certified Information Systems Security Professional - Information Systems Security Management Professional (CISSP-ISSMP); Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
2-5 years of related experience in data security administration.
Six years of intensive and progressive experience in the candidate’s field of study and specialization.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS