Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network; desktop; and/or systems hardware and software.
1. Screens; refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
2. Installs; configures; and upgrades computer hardware and software.
3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
4. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems; investigate causes; and recommend solutions.
5. Provides troubleshooting and support.
6. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians; and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
Requires a minimum of seven years of experience, of which at least five years must be specialized. General experience includes background in information systems development, network operations, application performance in a client/server environment, or related fields. Specialized experience includes the management of help desks in a multi-user environment, a comprehensive understanding of PC operating systems, an in-
depth knowledge of network and electronic mail operations, and prior supervision of help desk employees. The Help Desk Sr. must have a demonstrated ability to communicate exceptionally well both orally and in writing, as well as have a positive customer service attitude.
Typical duties include:
-Security Plus certification or an equivalent DoD 8570 Certification.
-Assists in diagnosing and correcting desktop application problems and directing the repair of equipment.
-Produces service requests and incident reports; follows-up to ensure timely disposition and closeout of incident reports and service requests; and tracks all action items and referrals through resolution.
-Serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting hardware; software; PC; and printer problems; as well as call center support for Government programs.
-Requires a high level of customer service commitment; as well as good oral and written communications skills.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS