Typical Duies Include
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10 Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline. 2. Advanced degree preferred.
Required Certification: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate(MCSA) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
At least seven years of experience with network operating systems (e.g.; Cisco; Novell and Windows Server); network hardware (e.g.; routers; switches; cabling and other essential network hardware); and LAN/WAN protocols (e.g.; OSPF; BGP; MPLS).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS