Responsible for designing; planning; implementing and administering databases; including security; access; and documentation.
1. Participates in the design; maintenance; enhancement; coding; and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements; data relationships and attributes; data flow and storage requirements; and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage; researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality; including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability; monitoring activity; and documenting problems; changes; and solutions.
6. Tests designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries; database structure and layout; installing; upgrading; and managing database applications.
8. Stay current on vendors\' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
Required Certification: Oracle Certified Professional (OCP); MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator (DBA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) SQL Server 2012 ; Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Platform
2 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- At least one to two years of experience in a database administration role performing Tier 2 level support.
- Database modeling and implementation.
- User interface development and user experience.
- Ability to produce visualization of data for leadership decision-making.
- Knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language; such as Java; C++; or .NET.
- Microsoft Office application skills; Microsoft Access knowledge is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Typical duties include:
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS