At GDIT, our people are our business. We pride ourselves on the work our innovators do to support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the world. We wouldn’t be successful without our ability to attract new talent to join our team.
We’re looking for a Contracts Advisor Administrator in Falls Church, VA. They will lead negotiation and administration of contracts and/or subcontracts (sub to prime). Experience with the Departments of Commerce and Energy as well as experience with Contractor Teaming Arrangements a must. Strong negotiator who can work with Contracting Officers and potentially difficult prime contractors and help keep a diverse GDIT program team abreast of changes happening contractually.
Are you ready to join and grow our 35,000 everyday heroes?
A Day in the Life:
· Administers contracts and/or subcontracts, including negotiation, correspondence, documentation, certification, financial reporting, and product delivery for major contracts that are complex in set up and large volume.
· Negotiates contract terms from proposal stage to project close-out in accordance with relevant regulations.
· Coordinates approval of negotiations, contracts, and subcontracts with appropriate management staff.
· Provides advice and interpretation of contract requirements.
· Reviews solicitation requests and GDIT proposal volumes to identify risk areas and ensure compliance with terms and conditions
· Active participant on proposal team which includes pricing and scheduling strategy, coordination of requirements, and proposal risk assessment.
· Participates in program reviews, status briefings and customer interaction whenever the contracting officer is involved.
· Coordinates with program managers and all matrixed organizations to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled
· Maintains, updates and communicates bid and proposal information.
· Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced contract administrators, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
· Maintains heightened knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
· Participates and offers opinions on proposal and program strategy
· Initiates and maintains an extensive network of communication with contracting officers, industry peers.
· Major contributor to special projects as required.
· Works with team development to help try to influence RFPs being released such a supporting white papers, discussion with COs during draft RFPs in order to better understand the upcoming procurement and being able to explain to the capture team.
· Attend meetings with client to build solid relationships for the program supported.
BA/BS; Post graduate education in Contract Management preferred
· Professional certification (CPCM/CFCM) preferred.
· 8-10 years of related experience in contracts administration.
· Extensive knowledge of the practices, procedures, and processes involved in contract administration.
· Extensive knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing assigned contracts, including FAR, DFAR, and CAS.
· Extensive administrative and organizational skills.
· Effective communication skills.
· Ability to operate and negotiate independently
· Developing effective research and presentation techniques
· Effective problem solving skills
· Extensive GDIT business acumen
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.