Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Must have thorough working knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 networks, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, EVPN/VXLAN, MCLAG, QOS, VLANs, and 802.1x network access control. Experience with SDN, Juniper IP Fabric, and Juniper Fusion a plus.
3. Experience providing Tier 3 engineering and administrator of Juniper network equipment. Specifically, installation and configuration of Juniper EX, QFX switches, JunOS Space, and SRX firewall hardware
4. Experience Evaluating, Designing, and Implementing Network and Security Technologies.
5. Provides technical support and troubleshooting to users. Must have experience providing Tier3 Network Engineering support to Government Agencies Network/Security Operations Centers
6. Experience conducting tests and evaluations of network and security products.
7. Experience configuring, maintaining, testing, and installing JUNOS patches and performing JUNOS code upgrades on Juniper network and security hardware.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Ability to write and document, network change requests, weekly activities and provide monthly status report input.
11. Willingness to support Network Maintenance activities after hours. (Occasional night and weekend support is required.)
12. Serves as technical team or task leader.
13. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Specific Technical Skills Listed in Order of Importance:
General experience needed:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS