Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
The shift for this opening is 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Shifts are worked on a 3on/4off, 4on/3off basis, with days of work being Sunday - Wednesday.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
*Microsoft Exchange (2010 preferred) - recipient administration, server administration, monitoring, break-fix, OWA *Netbackup - monitoring scheduled backup jobs, restarting backups, executing restores, verification of backup data integrity *SAN/NAS - monitoring status, basic troubleshooting, space allocation *Virtualization - monitoring or supporting virtual servers and desktops using Citrix and VMWare *Imagery libraries and imagery exploitation systems - Troubleshooting imagery flow, systems interfaces, availability of images and throughput of imagery systems *Experience in technical operations at DOD agencies, particularly NGA and DIA
#dpost #cjpost #ISDcj
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS