Analyzes, administers, and maintains telecommunications systems.
Lead level “hands on” work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
1. Evaluates, analyzes, administers and maintains voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
3. Prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal systems or modifications to vendor systems.
4. Coordinates installation of equipment.
5. May Install, test, adjust and troubleshoot equipment as necessary.
6. Monitors the operations of telecommunications systems and services of vendors.
7. Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
Must meet the certification requirement on the SPIN-C or individual task order.
2-5 years of related telecommunications experience.
Lead level experience in the following:
Managing system databases to include compilation of systems reports and overall system performance
Managing a Department of Defense (DOD) classified COMSEC account in accordance with National Security Agency (NSA) and specified service regulations
Managing and supervising communications support personnel
COMSEC (KMI and EKMS) standards
Generation and distribution of electronic keys from national and service level sources to the end-item communications security component (End Cryptographic Unit - ECU)
Top Secret clearance is REQUIRED.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS