GDIT is seeking a Chief Architect for a future contract. In this role, the Chief Architect will design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs expert-level systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Develops technical roadmaps for future implementations.
3. Develops business case analysis on potential projects.
4. Ensures security is integrated into all architecture solutions.
5. Performs advanced systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
6. Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
7. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
8. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
9. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
10. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
11. Serves as a chief architect and/or program architect..
12. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
13. Serves as primary liaison with senior clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
14. Provides high level expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Master's Degree preferred.
20 or more years of related systems engineering experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS