Serve as a fully qualified Navy Validator supporting Aegis TECHREP in Moorestown, NJ
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
- Minimum 10 years practical experience in Cybersecurity, Engineering, Test & Evaluation, or Assessment & Authorization (formallyCertification & Accreditation).
- Extensive knowledge and experience with RDT&E and Business IT systems and the phases of Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process.
- Experience in an IA or C&A related field. Satisfies provisions of CNSS no. 4016 (Risk Analyst), Intermediate Level, but is not required to actually hold the certificate.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of all C&A subject areas with in-depth familiarity and understanding of Navy IT sites, systems and infrastructure; applies Navy C&A guidance to Navy C&A efforts.
- Experience working with Navy C&A efforts as a Navy Validator.
- Strong writing skills to develop and maintain System Security Plans (SSP), Contingency Plans, Privacy Impact Assessments, Certification Reports, Accreditation Reports, Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), and other C&A documentation.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skills to work closely with all levels of personnel involved in IT operations and technical aspects of systems.
- This position is an IAM Level II in Cyber Security Workforce.
- Completion of Navy SCA approved instructor-led Navy Validator Course.
- Completion of instructor-led: DISA Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) training, or Tenable Compliance Auditing training; or tenable Nessus Advanced Capabilities Training and/or completion of instructor-led DISA Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) training.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- IAM Level II.
- Bachelor or graduate degree in a SECNAV M-5239.2 (or superseded SECNAV manual) approved technical related discipline.
- Appointed as a NQV Level III by the Navy Security Control Assessor (SCA).
- Current DoD 8570.01-M (or superseded DoD manual) IAM/IAT Level III certification.
10-15 years of related experience in data security administration.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS