This position is responsible for overseeing the selection and hiring process of candidates to meet organization staffing requirements.
1. Consults with hiring managers to activate and post requisitions that accurately reflect the duties, responsibilities, education, training, certifications, experience and security classifications required for the positions.
2. Interviews, screens and evaluates external and internal candidates for job openings to identify applicants who fully meet the position requirements of posted requisitions and refers them to the hiring manager for consideration.
3. Coordinates and actively participates in the selection of the final candidates.
4. Conducts reference checks.
5. Makes employment recommendations based on information developed through prescreens, interviews, reference checks, applications, and resumes, insuring the compensation offer is competitive, internally equitable, and affordable.
6. Negotiates and extends offers on behalf of GDIT.
7. Completes or coordinates all on-boarding processes.
8. Ensures all phases of the recruiting process are conducted in accordance with General Dynamics and GDIT's Ethics, Legal and Human Resources policies.
9. Ensures that GDIT's internal applicant tracking system is maintained and completed; applicants are dispositioned according to OFCCP guidelines; internal candidates are dispositioned and contacted appropriately; and, interview reports are completed accurately.
10. Creates and places employment ads in newspapers, trade magazines, websites, etc.
11. Runs queries of automated system and provides information to management as requested.
12. Coordinates and participates in job fairs.
13. Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all tasks.
14. Maintains a cooperative relationship with departments throughout GDIT and its clients to ensure that fair employment practices are followed
15. Serves as an internal consultant regarding staffing needs and projections, and advises on the best course of action to fill open positions.
16. Conducts regular follow-up with GDIT and Clients' personnel to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
17. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Recruiters, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
18. Participates in special projects as required
Bachelors Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related recruiting experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS