Scope: Investigative/internet analyst will leverage open source and commercial software tools to review, assess and collect data from a disparate list of open and closed web sources, including but not limited to news publications, blogs, social media platforms, paste sites, government websites, forums, onion sites.
- Intelligence Gathering and Assessment
- Analyze the data from these various sources and identify investigative opportunities and intelligence to support the many investigative programs within the USPIS to include cybercrime, narcotics, identify theft, dangerous goods and workplace violence.
- Evaluating Internet information from social media, chats, forums, darknet, Tor network, news feeds, internet relay chats and other sources of data openly available on the Internet.
- Perform a prioritized assessment of the data to identify the most critical and reliable data in order to identify , bitcoins, locations, accounts, services, travels, email addresses, IP addresses and other pattern of life data in an effort to determine physical attribution of an Internet identity.
- Create intelligence and investigative reports which represent the steps taken, the data sources reviewed and the conclusions drawn from the evaluation of the Internet information.
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Represent analysis and research results using tabular, pictorial or graphical techniques.
- Deliver summary results to various levels of an organization in formats which are easy to understand; showing conclusions and relationships.