Primary responsibility is training sailor on AEGIS WEAPONS SYSTEMS, candidate will develops and conduct training and educational programs for Fleet sailors in support of Aegis Training and Readiness Center in Dahlgren Virginia. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the element level; as well as training on the operational employment of Aegis Weapons System: will develop, organize, and conduct training and educational programs for Fleet sailors.
1. Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require intermediate knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the element level.
2. Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical Doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation.
3. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
4. Prepares, reviews, and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
5. Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
6. Teaches moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of ATRC training objectives.
7. Periodically reviews course content and objectives.
8. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
9. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree (Arts or Sciences) in a related technical discipline (Desired not Required) ; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or NAVY Aegis experience totaling at least 5 years of experience and training.
One of Navy Instructor NEC Required below:
AEGIS Weapon System MK-7 Technician (BL 7)/AEGIS Radar System SPY-1B/D/D (V) Supervisor (NEC FCA V58A Legacy FC 1361)
AEGIS Weapon System MK-7 Technician (BL7)/AEGIS Fire Control System COTS Supervisor (NEC FCA V59A Legacy FC 1362)
AEGIS Weapon System MK-7 (BL-7.X) Technician/AEGIS Computer Network Technician (BL-7.X) Supervisor (NEC FCA V60A Legacy FC 1365)
AEGIS Weapons System MK-7 (BL 8) Supervisor (NEC FCA V61A Legacy FC 1370)
AEGIS Weapons System MK-7 (BL 8) Technician/AEGIS Radar System SPY-1A Supervisor (NEC FCA V62A Legacy FC 1371)
AEGIS Weapons System MK-7 (BL 8) Technician/AEGIS Fire Control System MK-99 Supervisor (NEC FCA V63A Legacy FC 1372)
AEGIS Weapons System MK-7 (CR2) Technician/AEGIS Computer Network Technician Supervisor (NEC FCA V64A Legacy FC 1375)
AEGIS Weapons System (AWS) Baseline 9A Supervisor (NEC FCA V65A Legacy FC 1380)
AEGIS Weapons System (AWS) Technician Baseline 9A/AEGIS Radar System SPY-1B/D/D(V) Supervisor (NEC FCA V66A Legacy FC 1381)
AEGIS Weapon System (AWS) Technician Baseline 9A/AEGIS Fire Control System MK-99 Supervisor (NEC FCA V67A Legacy FC 1382)
AEGIS Weapon System (AWS) Technician Baseline 9A AEGIS Computer Network Technician Supervisor (NEC FCA V68A Legacy FC 1385)
AEGIS Weapons System (AWS) Technician Baseline 9C AEGIS Radar System SPY-1D-MOD Supervisor (NEC FCA V73A Legacy FC 1391)
AEGIS Weapon System (AWS) Technician Baseline 9C AEGIS Fire Control System MK-99 Supervisor (NEC FCA V74A Legacy FC 1392)
Navy Instructor NEC DESIRED: 9502.
5 years of directly related experience on the Aegis Weapons System and:
1. Three (3) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment.
2. One (1) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment; to include curriculum maintenance; writing learning objectives; preparing test items; evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
3. CSTT technical or tactical qualification and experience desired.
Past experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS