Seeking motivated personnel, knowledgeable in Help Desk support of MAC OSX and Unix-based systems. Candidates must work well independently and with the team. This position supports a leading, national cyber-defense related mission and provides the opportunity to work closely with engineers developing and supporting VMWare and Cloud based systems. It is an excellent and natural career progression opportunity for those interested. Candidates must be able to:
1. Manage the functionality and efficiency of standalone and networked computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Perform installations, testing and setup of hardware & software.
3. Resolve complex computer and/or network problems.
4. Maintain the integrity and security of user-based systems and servers.
5. Sets up user, administrator and service accounts.
6. Develop and maintain system documentation.
7. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
8. A sist with analyzing system baseline and image builds.
9. Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
10. Develop and monitor help desk policies and standards within an evolving environment as the customer migrates to secure cloud infrastructure.
11. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
12. Provides advice and training to end-users.
13. Assist with case-related data acquisition and the transfer/dissemination of data.
14. Assist with updating/upgrading host-based systems, creating virtual images and de-commissioning outgoing systems.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5 years of directly related experience in help desk support and/or systems administration.
Candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance w/current CI Poly OR be able to pass a CI Polygraph.
Strong work ethics, ability to work independently and as part of a multi-contractor team in support of fast-paced but vital government mission.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#argt #isdcj #dpost
Software Powered by iCIMS