Performs technical tasks toward the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
1. Performs routine fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, maintenance, modification, and testing of mechanical components, apparatus and equipment.
2. Sets up and operates various types of fabrication equipment and testing devices to provide specified technical support tests.
3. Determines the methods for fabricating parts.
4. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
5. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
6. Records test procedures and results and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test method.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Associates Degree preferred.
0-1 year of related experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing mechanical components.
Willing to work second shift.
Overtime may be required.
Ability to obtain a security clearance.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS