The U.S. Army Public Health Center’s (APHC’s) mission is to promote health and prevent disease, injury, and disability of Soldiers and military retirees, their families, and the Department of the Army civilian employees; and assure effective execution of full spectrum veterinary service for Army and Department of Defense Veterinary missions. This position serves in a staff capacity within the Quality Systems and Regulatory Compliance Office (QSARC), APHC. The QSARC is concerned with monitoring the quality of the organization’s analytical chemistry, public health practice studies, and toxicological work against International Standards, Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and various accreditor requirements. The APHC program areas impacted include water, wastewater, soil, air pollution, industrial hygiene, pesticides, hematology, toxicology, aquatic biology, public health practice projects, and clinical chemistry.
Find out more here
Join our TalentNetwork
In support of this work, GDIT is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Works in a laboratory environment, developing quality assurance (QA) criteria for evaluating analytical chemistry and toxicology work performed in the organization.
- Evaluates the quality of services and information (reports) associated with the chemical analyses and toxicology studies performed in support of organizational programs, to include those services provided under contract.
- Reviews and analyzes ongoing processes along with process documentation and technical criteria to determine compliance with quality system requirements, or to develop new approaches to solve recurring quality problems.
- The work monitored frequently involves unprecedented and complex interrelationships which must be understood to effectively assess operations and determine compliance with protocols, accreditor requirements and regulations.
- Assesses the effectiveness of the QSARC to assure services satisfy project requirements; to establish degree of customer satisfaction; and to ensure quality requirements are achieved.
- Develops means of measuring quality level in-place or to-be-developed; ascertains level of product/service process documentation required (e.g., SOPs); and reports findings to operational units and management with recommendations for improvements.
- Develops criteria and methods for evaluating QSARC accomplishments and trends, and recommends changes in program organization and emphasis.
- Conducts system, phase, and method audits as well as full scale quality system assessments (i.e., methodology, data quality, documentation, quality control process and accreditation/certification requirements) to determine degree of compliance with policy, accrediting bodies, state and federal regulations, and quality system requirements.
- Performs periodic data quality assessments to analyze and evaluate both in-house and contract data to identify adverse quality trends for corrective actions. Identifies and documents deficiencies or potential problem areas and coordinates corrective actions.
- Develops information to support conclusions regarding degree of compliance with applicable standards and the quality system.
- Prepares reports of findings and presents briefings on audit results as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison on matters related to Internal Review and Audit Compliance as directed by either the Director, Deputy Director, or Chief QSARC. Coordinates support for scheduled inspections (e.g., Army Audit Agency) or in obtaining assistance external to the organization.
- Provides advice and assistance in the preparation of quality system supporting documentation such as protocols, standing operating procedures (SOPs), quality plans/manuals, and record-keeping systems.
- Performs pilot studies to assess the feasibility of initiating proposed quality improvements.
- Participates in the planning, preparation and conduct of quality system training sessions.
- Reviews quality plans, SOPs, etc., to assure quality system requirements are addressed and adequate to meet the work objectives.
- Maintains quality records to support the quality system and generates updates of these records as needed.