Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Must have DBA Experience as well
The contractor shall administer SQL databases associated with the applications
* Analyze and define data requirements and specification
* Design, normalize, develop, install and modify databases
* Maintain, monitor, tune, and perform backup/recovery of databases
* Install, configure, and maintain database management systems software
* Perform analysis for planning anticipated changes in database design due to data capacity
* Develop database scripts and stored procedures
* Develop and administer data standards, policies and procedures
* Develop and implement data mining and data warehousing programs
* Evaluate and provide recommendations on new database technologies and architectures
* Maintain data logistics support as required on all databases
* Configure and implement CS Certification and Accreditation security controls in accordance with local procedures
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS