Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs complex computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes procedures and systems to refine their formulation and convert to programmable formats.
3. Writes or updates software specifications.
4. Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
5. Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
6. Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
7. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
8. Coordinates with client to define problem, determine data availability, report requirements, and resolve system design problems.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
10. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated on the job performance providing integration support to an enterprise class software development project with over one hundred (100) users.
Experience supporting an Agile development environment including Scrum and user stories desired.
Experience included supporting projects in the Virginia customer environment
In-depth knowledge of working in an Agile/Scum environment
Demonstrated experience with the full Requirements process, from gathering, refining, prioritizing and tracking requirements throughout the system lifecycle
Demonstrated experience with conducting customer requirements meetings and track changes to customer business processes
Understanding of writing system documentation, including but not limited to: Product Requirements, Business Process Mapping,
Requirements Traceability Matrix (RVTM), User Guides, Customer Communications Plan
Demonstrated ability to document, decompose and track system, functional and derived requirements
Knowledge of utilizing requirements tracking systems, such as Jira and Confluence, for managing requirements (Epics, User Stories, Tasks, Bugs, Improvements) throughout the system lifecycle
Experience with working as a Jira/Confluence administration; configuring project settings, workflows, screens, filters, dashboards, wiki page elements, etc
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS