1. Supports overall network defense activities, provide in-depth analysis of suspected malicious code and/or infected systems and network devices, perform necessary inspection and reverseengineering activities to understand the behavior of the software, the root cause for its presence, and develop recommendations on how to counter the threat
2. Create reports on findings with recommendations for improving/changing our cyber defenses on the network or on the hosts to counter any new threats
3. Investigate virus alerts/incidents to determine root cause, entry point of code, potential lateral spread, and damage risk
4. Reverse engineer either real or suspected malicious code using both behavioral and code analysis and provide a report and recommendation on actions to take to defend against the threat or issue
5. Utilize Sponsor software and network forensic analyst tools to find and analyze exploited workstations and software and reverse engineer/analyze malicious code
6. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
8. Participates in special projects as required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8+ years of related technical experience
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring network defense technologies and analyzing the products produced
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and project information clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours as needed
- A thorough understanding of Assembly (x86-64 and ARM) is required. A programming background in C/C++ desired. The ability to learn other chipsets will be required on a case-by-case basis.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS