Senior Service Desk Specialist
Ft. Gordon, GA
Provide Tier I and II support to customers with hardware, software and application problems. Should be proficient with all types Tier II issues. Additionally, should be capable of running an entire remote site independently. Must be capable of performing basic troubleshooting on many types of hardware. Requires 5 years experience in a DOD classified environment with knowledge of cryptographic hardware, be familiar with network equipment, cabling, etc.
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
2. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
4. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
5. Provides troubleshooting and support.
6. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
6 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
DOD 8570.01-M IAT LEVEL II certification REQUIRED (Windows 10 Configuring Windows Devices 70-697 or Windows 10 Installing and Configuring 70-698 certified)
NOTE: Position may require physical activity including sitting or standing in place for long periods of time, lifting of computer/peripheral hardware, involve working on a piece of equipment that may require stretching, bending to access portions of equipment, etc
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS