Primary responsibilities: to conduct classroom and shipboard hands-on training for tactical watch standers and technicians on surface combatants in the operation and maintenance of the AN/SQQ-89A(V) 15 sonar system and associated systems and create, review, and update course curriculum for all ASW courses taught under the CSCS Advanced Warfare Training program and support ASW Self Assessment Groom Training and ASW team trainers.
1. Coordinates the development and delivery of complex ASW - AN/SQQ-89A(V) 15 training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews ASW course content and objectives.
3. Provide assistance to government representatives/stakeholders with determining applicability of current sonar principles, environmental analysis, and exploitation including Tactical Oceanography.
4. Maintains records of training activities (via Integrated Performance Assessment Tool), participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. Provide instructor training on the AN/SQQ-89A(V) 15 sonar system.
6. Provides work leadership to lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as ASW technical team or task lead.
8. Conducts research into new ASW training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience. Desired NECs: 9502 MTS with 0524/0525 NECs. Transitioning ASWO from DDG/CG also acceptable.
GDIT requirement: 5-8 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs.
3-5 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs related to ASW in support of the AN/SQQ-89A(V) 15 sonar system . Must be fit enough to embark ship for underway operations for 1-2 weeks. Travel may be required up to 25% of the time.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS