Candidates for this position must have demonstrated experience and ability to lead or direct a team of specialists in the implementation and operation of various types of fully integrated computer-based systems. Demonstrated experience and ability to test and operate all phases of the system cycle. Ability to operate all system components as defined in the TO to include hardware, software, and mass storage devices. Ability to operate communications-computer systems, and install, implement, maintain and tune operating systems, disk and tape management systems, and computer operations automation software.
Resonsibilities may include but are not limited to:
1. Sets up, monitors, and controls one or more central console computers or on-line terminals, and peripheral equipment, such as printers, tape and disk drives.
2. Selects and loads input and output.
3. Observes operation of equipment, control panels, error lights, verification printouts, error messages, and faulty output, and responds accordingly.
4. Maintains records and prepares reports as required.
5. Assists in performing system back-ups.
6. Resolves routine errors, and routes complex error messages to appropriate personnel.
7. Confers with software engineering or programming personnel in the event errors require a change of instructions or sequence of operations.
8. Manipulates controls to rearrange sequence of job steps to continue operations when individual units malfunction.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced operators.
10. May serve as a team leader.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work/military experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS