Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Responsible for providing services and support to ensure the confidentially, integrity and availability of accredited networks within a large organization. The Cyber Assurance Analyst will implement Information Assurance (IA) / Cybersecurity strategies throughout the enterprise consistent with DOD, NSA and NATO guidance respectively.
2. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
3. Will review incident request and policy exception requests to make recommendations to the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) regarding the security aspects of the requests.
4. Prepare for, assist with, and monitor IA assessments (network readiness assessments, DISA Security Readiness Reviews (SRR), Command Cyber Readiness Inspections, NSA Red and Blue Team assessments, vulnerability scans, certification and accreditation reviews) for the enterprise.
5. Develop and/or implement corrective courses of action for findings identified during these assessments. Develop technical standards (SOP/TTPs, technical implementation instructions, or other required documentation) for security devices, security operations and other operations as required for Government approval.
6. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
8. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
1. 5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
2. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
3. Must have at a minimum IAT III/IAM II to start. Must have IAT Level III or equivalent within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
4. Additional specific certifications may be required.
5. Must have strong knowledge of DOD IA/Cybersecurity and IT regulations and guidance.
6. Strong background in Vulnerability and Patch Management processes.
7. Experience working with eMASS.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
10. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds without any assistance.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. #BICES and #CJPOST
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS