Organizes, directs and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex and inter-related project tasks. Manages teams of contract support personnel at multiple locations. Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization. Meets with customers and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs. Acts as the overall lead, manager and administrator for the contracted effort of ACAT I and II programs or manages across multiple teams. Directs efforts of cross-competency team(s) to include contractors at multiple locations. Serves as the primary interface and point of contact with Government program authorities and representatives on technical and program/project issues. Regularly briefs senior leadership on program status and milestones. Oversees contractor personnel program/project operations by developing procedures, planning and directing execution of the technical, programming, maintenance and administrative support effort and monitoring and reporting progress. Manages acquisition and employment of program/project resources and controls financial and administrative aspects of the program/project with respect to contract requirements.
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, staff supervision, financial and business development activities.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for program(s) with annual revenues of $10-15 million.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing 50-100 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt and including one or more subordinate supervisors and managers - working on multiple projects and tasks.
NOTE ' Position level may also be determined by the scope and complexity of the program, not just revenue and staff amounts.
1. Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities.
2. Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate managers, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
3. Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
4. Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned program(s).
5. Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
6. Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
7. Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
8. Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
9. Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.
10. Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
11. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
MS/MA degree in Business, Management, Administration, Information Technology Management, Cyber Security or related Technical Discipline.
ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree and an additional four (4) years of experience can be substituted for an MS or MA degree.
Minimum of twelve (12) years of professional experience supporting Defense acquisition, three (3) years of which must have been in the previous six (6) years, in support of DoD Acquisition management; and a minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience. Experience with aircraft systems, hardware and software, configuration control, test and evaluation, systems integration, and systems supportability.
Experience managing different phases of weapon system acquisition, including Concept Development, SD&D.
Knowledgeable of acquisition policies and procedures.
Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the requirements of the DOD 5000 series.
Demonstrated ability to work with large and diverse teams and the ability to effectively provide guidance, direction, and supervision in all areas of contracted effort such as program management, systems engineering, major system acquisitions, and financial management.
PMP Certification and ITIL
Secret clearance required at time of hire.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS