GDIT is hiring a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Recovery Support Specialist (RSS) and what a fantastic and important opportunity this is! Are you interested in supporting active duty military members who serve or have served to protect US? The Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center's (DVBIC) mission is to help give back to military members, their families and extended network by providing CARE, innovative RESEARCH, EDUCATION and SUPPORT for those suffering from traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other co-occurring injuries.
Learn more about DVBIC and the 18 centers where this care, research, education and overall support to our vets is taking place http://dvbic.dcoe.mil/about-dvbic
Please take a brief moment to join our Talent Network TODAY https://careers.gdhealth.com/join
S/he is responsible for screening regional inquiries and providing assessment, direction to appropriate support and recovery services, education and emotional support to assigned caseload of active duty Service members, veterans, Guard/Reservists and their families with TBI. Collaborates with DoD, Military, VA & civilian providers, agencies, organizations & groups to facilitate continuity of care and optimal client outcomes. S/he will assist in the development and/or maintain a current comprehensive resource bank of medical and non-medical TBI services and programs that are available for the Service Member with TBI and their families. TBI resources will include military, VA, and civilian services/organizations. Provides care referral documentation in Recover Support Program (RSP) record systems.
• Responsible for screening regional inquiries and providing assessment, referral and education services to assigned caseload of active duty Service members and veterans with TBI (and co-morbid conditions) and their families, especially during periods of transition or re-integration.
• Provides follow-up for a population of active duty Service Members and veterans with TBI who reside within, PCS to, or retire within the regional catchment of the TBI RSS.
• Assesses clients' needs, collaborate with clients' system of care and intervene to make appropriate follow-up referrals as clients move through transition points
• Secures, organizes and documents standardized client information for the identified population using appropriate and approved documentation and record keeping systems.
• Collaborates with DoD, VA & civilian providers, agencies, organizations & groups to facilitate continuity of care and optimal client outcomes.
• Provides support, information and appropriate referrals for family members.
• Responds to requests and provide consultation and information regarding TBI resources in your region.
• Assists in the development and maintains a current comprehensive resource bank of medical and non-medical TBI services and programs that are available for active duty, Reserve, National Guard, and veteran populations and their families within a 50 mile radius of site. TBI resources will include military, VA, and civilian services/organizations.
• Conducts presentations related to the DVBIC RSP to healthcare provider, leadership and other groups as needed.
• Participates in professional activities, including providing educational training and attending professional conferences on behalf of DVBIC.
• Develops professional relationships with MTFs, VAs and civilian providers within the catchment area to facilitate resource development and referrals.
• Develops and maintains relationships with state brain injury associations and other relevant organizations within the catchment area.
• Develops and maintains professional relationships with DoD assets and Veterans Administration assets within the catchment area.
• Local responsibilities will be determined by the site director in conjunction with the national care coordination manager, but will not impede the ability of the RSS to complete primary regional recovery support responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
For personal service employees, the Contractor employee must have and maintain a current license to practice in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands, or any US territory that allows for the independent practice of clinical services. This license must be current and unrestricted (not subject to restriction pertaining to the scope, location, or type of practice ordinarily granted to other applicants for similar licenses in granting jurisdiction).
Customer requires BSN for Nurses, Masters Level for Social Workers, Counselors and related fields. CCM, CBIS or other Case Management Certification preferred. Experience within clinically appropriate systems of care may be accepted in lieu of educational minimums. Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet medical facility specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS