Provide Operation and Maintenance (O&M) team leadership across the following infrastructure and security disciplines: network. storage/backup, platforms, middleware, application, and security.
1. Responsible for overseeing contract team members' day-to-day duties, and provide technical guidance and leadership to the O&M team.
2. Monitor the status of designated activities, identify and resolve relevant issues, develop contingency plans, provide updates, and implement corrective actions as required.
3. Develop and maintain the configuration management process. Maintain system baselines and configuration management items, including security event monitoring policies in a manner agreed to by the Sponsor, and ensure changes are made using an approved process.
4. Ensure all program activities are fully coordinated and consistent with relevant program plans, and ensure documentation is created and maintained as approved by Sponsor.
5. Ensure standard operation procedures (SOPs) for patch management and operational maintenance are followed.
6. Track and report operational issues to include root cause and mitigation resolution.
7. Provide other cyber defense and IT infrastructure duties as assigned.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
2. Security related certification(s) desired (e.g., CISSP, CEH, SANS GSEC, etc.)
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in IT systems engineering lifecycle support to include network, backup, platforms, middleware, application, monitoring, and security.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in leading a multi-tier O&M discipline team.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and manage repeatable processes and procedures, requiring engineering team to develop documentation in accordance with Sponsor's project management framework
- Demonstrated ability to provide hands-on O&M activity support as needed
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years hands-on experience with network (LAN and WAN), storage/backup, platforms (Windows/Linux servers and desktop), virtual platforms, and a variety of security technologies
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS