The Specialist will perform full spectrum forensic analysis across multiple type of computer and network devices, Windows/Linux hosts, mobile devices, virtual machines, software and hardware. The Specialist will assist in the prioritization of all forensics work, assignment of caseloads, and deliverables. Candidate is expected to be up-to-date with industry forensics best practices, industry accepted forensic methodologies, in addition to being responsible for the overall quality control of forensic investigations, data spill cleanup activitives, and related case reporting.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- Advanced degree in cyber/digital forensics or cyber security desired
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5-8 years of related experience in data security administration
- Demonstrated experience using commercial (e.g., EnCase, Blacklight, FTK, Cellebrite, XRY, Carbon Black) and open source (e.g., Autopsy, TCT, Bulk Extractor) methods and tools to perform computer forensics investigations
- Minimum 7 years progressively responsible experience performing forensic investigations, malware reverse engineering, and cyber security incident response
- Minimum of 5 years experience specifically conducting cyber security forensic investigations
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Relevant certifications (e.g., GCFE, GCFA, GREM)
- Experience in hardware reverse engineering
- Experience with data recovery tools (PC-3000) and techniques
- Experience performing low-level data extraction (JTAG, chip-off)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS