**General Dynamics is actively hiring Tier 3 LCS TAO Trainers**
Primary: Develops; organizes; and conducts combat systems training and educational programs for Tactical Action Officers (TAO) assigned to Littoral Combat Ships: Must be a capable of conducting conventional classroom podium teaching with passion. Desired outcome is to increase Fleet Warfare Readiness via better trained sailors.
****Must be prepared to support the train to qualify and train to certify process utilizing shore based trainer requiring dynamic assessment of watch standers during warfare scenarios.
1. Coordinates the development and delivery of complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
5. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. Conducts; assesses; and reviews Tiers II and below employee performance: generates and reviews annual employee appraisals
7. Assigns; reviews; and promulgates Tier II and below instructors Certification and Qualification plans based on dynamic analysis of gaps in capabilities in their Combat Systems.
8. Reviews; Assigns; and Recommends approval of instructor qualification and certification plans per NAVEDTRA 135.
9. Conducts; assesses; and reviews Tiers II and below employee performance: generates and reviews annual employee appraisals
10. As the Element Lead / Subject Matter Expert supports Course Reviews; Updates Curriculum; and changes IAW NAVEDTRA directives; providing feedback and tracking of items; conducts training analysis; and recommendation for course improvement.
11. Shall support pilot course review and gap analysis and provide Warfare Area Element review and recommendations to revise and correct training gaps.
12. Prepares; reviews; and develops Warfare Area element lesson plans and Instructor Guides
13. Conducts dynamic assessment of the Ship's Warfare Coordinator's supporting CIC watch standers: analyzing their skills and abilities; providing formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement.
14. Reviews LCS Combat System; Auxiliary and Support Engineering specifications and Naval Operational and Tactical documentation iso analyzing and teaching the Warfare Commander's supporting watch standers in the capabilities and limitation of their Ship in dynamic tactical environments
14. Develops position descriptions; reviews resumes and conducts interviews of prospective employees Tier II below.
1. Nine (9) years relevant experience with Surface Navy Combat Systems as technician or operator with responsibility for teaching/training the system to other sailors and managing and leading junior sailors.
2. Two (2) years relevant experience as an instructor of Combat Systems in a Naval Training Environment; and responsible for guiding the development of other instructors/trainers.
3. Associates/Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline desired (not required); or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs.
Seeking transitioned Navy Master Training Specialist (NEC 9502) having served on LCS or with Operational Testing and Evaluation experience with LCS:
1. Nine (9) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician manager or operator manager with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a master level training environment.
2. Two (2) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment; to include curriculum maintenance; writing learning objectives; preparing test items; evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
3. Two (2) years relevant experience interfacing with training systems/simulations for effective and correct presentation of learning objectives.
Past Fleet experience on LCS is desired. Experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be up required to 10 % of time. Must be fit enough to embark ship for 5-10 days.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS