Contract: INSCOM C2IO
Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
- GDIT is seeking candidates to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) vision to maintain a trusted high performing team who lives the Army values and delivers operational readiness by integrating and maintaining Logistics and Business software.
- GDIT Systems Adminstrator will provide support to the INSCOM C2IO program, under general supervision, is responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Knowledge of related hardware and software.
*** All applicants must possess a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance. ***