GDIT is currently hiring in support of the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group (690 COG) performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations that includes defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority. The scope of this effort will provide support services to operate, sustain, and assure the availability of Air Force Information Networks (AFIN) to enable war-fighter mission execution.
- Configure, standardize, monitor, operate, maintain, install, administer, troubleshoot and manage 690 COG AOR infrastructure devices.
- Administering and managing infrastructure devices to include routers, switches, load balancers, and wireless local area network (WLAN) devices
- Establishing standard rule sets and providing technical analysis, performance optimization, network utilization analysis and overall management of all network infrastructure
- Identifying potential threats and managing resolution of security violations
- Applying security measures to infrastructure devices
- Responding to and resolving incident tickets and outages
- Performing network improvement and clean-up
- Maintaining and evaluating policies and procedures for systems and services
- Operating and maintaining infrastructure devices to include routers, switches, load balancers, and WLAN devices
- Auditing and logging all traffic flow using tools to ensure availability of services
- Using Government-provided network monitoring tools to perform intrusion detection, identification, and internal/external IT threat analysis
- Implementing vulnerability management to ensure security of systems IAW Government policies; applying security measures to infrastructure devices
- Responding to and resolving change request actions
- Creating and maintaining AS-IS documentation for network infrastructure devices
- Responding to and resolving incident tickets and outages; accomplishing network maintenance and ASIs during the Government-prescribed maintenance windows and other time frames
- Monitoring and employing hardware and software tools to enhance network security, ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of IT resources, and accomplish defensive cyberspace operations and information protection
- Configuring and installing infrastructure devices to include routers, switches, and wireless LAN devices
- Maintaining access control lists (ACL) to grant and restrict network access appropriately to users and processes per authorization rules
- Installing hardware and software tools; applying security measures to infrastructure devices
- Making changes, upgrades, and patches to infrastructure devices
- Responding to, accomplishing, and documenting change request and incident ticket actions
Please Note: Shift work is possible.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Current Secret security clearance or higher, or be eligible for and obtain prior to starting work
- Current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+ CE, SSCP) or higher
Required: Routers, switches, Cisco experience is required
Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS