Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
1. Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, modification, and testing of experimental components, materials, apparatus and equipment at an advanced level.
2. Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, and related equipment.
3. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for welding and assembly.
4. Evaluates the form, fit, and function of components, apparatus and equipment for adherence to project objectives.
5. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations, and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test method.
6. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
8. Must be able to read and demonstrate proficiency in interpretation and understanding of NAVSEA drawings and production documents.
9. Have the ability to efficiently use oxygen/acetylene torches and Plasma machines for cutting metal from raw plate.
10. Have the ability to become OSHA Certified, Fire Watch Certified and Respirator Qualified
11. Able to measure and transfer dimensions from drawings to onsite Ship's conditions and configurations.
12. Possess and display the knowledge and ability to be able to find centerline onboard Navy vessels.
13. Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
14. Ability to verify prefabricated material against NAVSEA drawings for correctness.
15. Knowledge of Naval Ships framing and spacing, as well as, Ship Compartment designations.
16. Able to operate metal shaping electrical tools.
17. Able to set up welding machines for different welding processes, utilize safety equipment and perform work in accordance with established safety procedures.
18. VT Level II certification as a Weld Inspector is desired.
19. Able to successfully obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
20. Possess a current DBIDS Access card and/or an active CAC card.
21. Willing to travel. Some durations may be four to six months long.
22. Willing to work overtime on an as needed basis.
23. Possess the attitude and ability to work in a team environment and as a team player.
24. MUST have own local transportation.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
3-5 years of related experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing mechanical components.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS