The Incident Response Analyst supports agency efforts to provide incident response capabilities to an enterprise wide cybersecurity program. The Incident Response Analyst provides technical knowledge and is experienced with Incident Response procedures. The successful candidate for this position has experience performing network analysis, dynamic malware analysis has performed ‘incident commander’ duties during incident response activities. Candidate is also expected to brief departmental executives and technical Incident Responders across the enterprise. Candidate should be a strong leader with the ability to perform multiple types of analysis in a Security Operations Center. This includes detection, analysis and providing mitigation recommendations for impacted parties. Candidate shall deliver senior level briefings that address Departmental cases or ongoing investigations.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking including knowledge of protocols and services
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Experience monitoring network traffic (i.e. netflow and PCAP) and IDS/IPS data.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a mathematics-intensive discipline.
3-5 years of related experience in data security administration.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS