The Network Administrator performs on-site or in-house servicing; repairs and/or installations of customer-owned products. Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems. This position will require rotating shift and weekend work.
- Maintain a network consisting of primarily Cisco routers and switches
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Ensure full interoperability and a seamless connection between all internal and external systems to include; but not limited to; DISN Video Services -Global (DVS-G); NIPRNET; SIPRNET; and JWICS
- Provide detailed network documentation
- Analyzes; administers and maintains voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice; video and/or data communications networks.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
ITIL Foundations certification preferred
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
Skills Required include:
- Strong troubleshooting background in networking and communications equipment
- Tech Control skills
- Ability to deal with customers at all levels in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize and dynamically re-task response and recovery actions as situations change
- Recent experience with military cryptographic equipment
Knowledge Required includes:
- Advanced and specialized training in Cisco and HP network administration
- Firm grasp of layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing and will be asked to design complex routing and switching schemes to support a changing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in EIGRP; STP; VTP; ACLs; and Layer 3 tunnels and must understand how to monitor network devices to perform fault and root cause analysis
- Familiarity with military deployed environments
- Understand change management procedures to include scheduling outages in advance with the Government and coordinating with impacted sites/functions
- Respond to trouble calls and be able to determine and implement appropriate fix action and document all actions in accordance with established policies
- Knowledge of cable protocol/standards
- Familiarity with server hardware; communication systems; and intelligence information systems
- Working knowledge of TACLANE/FASTLANE
- The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS