The successful candidate will provide software design and developer expertise in support of both maintenance and new feature development tasks. Additionally they will provide support in the areas of data extraction, transformation and load (ETL), data mapping, data extraction, analytical support, operational support, database support, and maintenance support of data and associated systems. As a member of the team, candidates will work in a multi-tasking, quick-paced, dynamic, process-improvement environment that requires experience with the principles of large-scale (terabytes) database development, large-scale file manipulation, data modeling, data mapping, data testing, data quality, and documentation preparation.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
3. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related software development experience.
Excellent organizational, coordination, interpersonal and team building skills.
Excellent communication (oral/written) skills with respect to team members, peers, and management with only general guidance.
Self-motivated with highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
Must be able to work effectively under very broad direction with minimal supervision.
Full software development life cycle experience in a mission-centric environments (Requirements assessment, design, coding, testing and production support)
Excellent S/W design skills and knowledge of advanced data structures
Experience working with pre-existing and large code baselines
Experience with the following languages: Java/J2EE, C, C++, SQL, XML, XQuery, XPath, Ruby on Rails, HTML/XHTML, CSS, Perl, Shell Scripting
Knowledge of servers operating systems; Windows, Linux, AIX, UNIX, Linux Clusters, Grid Computing, Blade Centers
Strong problem solving skills
Ability to comprehend database methodologies
Focus on continual process improvement with a proactive approach to problem solving
Software Powered by iCIMS