Summary: Provides medical care to assigned patients and leads clinical research efforts at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER) Traumatic Brain Injury Clinic OR Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM).
Summary: The Defense and Veteran Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) is searching for a Clinical Research Director! General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is hiring a full-time research neuroscientist with traumatic brain injury experience to join the DVBIC team. DVBIC is the traumatic brain injury (TBI) operational component of the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE). Founded in 1992 by Congress, DVBIC’s responsibilities have grown as its network of care and treatment sites has grown.
This position is based at at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER) Traumatic Brain Injury Clinic OR Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM).
- The Clinical Research Director will be located at either JBER or JBLM. It is required to work at JBER for 2 weeks every month.
- For the purpose of this contract and the related position descriptions, the term “RESEARCH” is used to refer to “CLINICAL INVESTIGATIONS”. This contract does not support research in the basic sense of the term (i.e., in laboratories, bench research, or animal testing).
- The contractor will normally work up to 40 hours a week, 0800 to 1630, Monday through Friday (hours may vary). Overtime is not authorized.
The Clinical Research Director must have leadership experience to ensure all operations support quality patient care and clinical research and comply with all Command, federal, state, regulatory, DVBIC and contractor requirements.
- Directs and provides oversight of research related activities at the DVBIC site. May oversee clinical and/or education related activities. May serve as Principal Investigator.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate staff to ensure that patient care and clinical research projects are delivered on time, on budget, and to the agreed quality standard.
- Conducts evaluations and provides therapeutic interventions to individuals as needed to facilitate TBI clinical care management and optimize care.
- Develops, implements, and maintains partnership with Patients, other health care providers, researchers, and community resources as applicable.
- Responsible for the completion of individual workload accountability in accordance with clinic, medical treatment facility and program requirements.
- Abides by all applicable regulations with regard to Utilization Review and Quality Improvement directives including, but not limited to, in-service training, peer review, performance improvement, records maintenance, performance evaluations, and release of information.
- Assists other contract service providers, military commanders and community agencies in the development and implementation of health programs at the installation and or clinic level.
- Participates, as appropriate, in departmental Quality Assurance (QA) programs and adhere to all safety and patient data regulations at all times.
- Attends and presents at conferences, meetings, trainings for professional development and presentation of research findings or patient care reports, as appropriate.
- Supervises contract staff training, promotes development with immediate and direct feedback, and completes performance evaluations for contract clinical, research, and education staff working under this contract.
- Collaborates with physicians in other medical specialties on cases involving complicated and multi-faceted problems.
- Provides educational presentations on TBI regularly to the appropriate audiences.
- Oversees the design and execution of clinical research initiatives, and their compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Supports TBI research through development and implementation of research studies in collaboration with research professionals locally and nationally.
- Ensures effective communication and knowledge sharing with DVBIC research colleagues and scientific team.
- Contributes to the preparation of research manuscripts for publication in the area of TBI, and present papers at scientific meetings, as possible.
- Serves as a liaison between DVBIC nationally, locally, and the Command.
- Collaborates with Program Manager and monitors contract program activities (e.g. staff training and performance; recruitment and hiring; and planning).
- Other duties as assigned