Tools Developer is needed to support a critical program that specializes in data repositories. The Group is developing and maintaining leading-edge technologies (e.g., widgets, non-relational databases) in support of a high priority customer to provide critical support. Members of the Group predominantly work within Agile teams, designing, developing, testing, and maintaining software and hardware. Developers, software engineers, administrators and tools developers could: assist in the installation and integration of COTS software into sponsors framework, develop custom extensions and integration points for COTS, be responsible for development of unit tests and build/deployment scripts, participate in project/program team reviews, maintain servers, or identify potential environmental impacts on systems. Team members will work with other project personnel to resolve technical problems, ensure developed applications and systems transition to customers in a timely manner, assess system designs to validate them against expected technical parameters, identify hardware and applications needed to complete the development process, and support deployed systems independently or under only general direction.
1. Participates in the design and coding of software products.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
5. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
7. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
In-depth experience with operating systems and applications to specifically include:
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience exhibiting expert-level Java development skills.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Oracle and/or SQL Development.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Spring/Hibernate or REST Services.
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with JBoss.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with code delivery mechanisms (e.g. Maven and/or Ant) and code repositories (e.g. Subversion and/or Git.).
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing and maintaining applications in the sponsor's organization and security process.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with continuous delivery solutions such as Hudson, Jenkins, or Puppet.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing within an Agile environment including Scrum
and user stories.
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Jira.
2-5 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS