This position functions as a hands-on, wireless security engineer for a continuous monitoring program with specific focus on Wireless Intrusion Detection Systems (WIDS). This position is responsible for the operation and monitoring of the enterprise WIDS, and the response to wireless intrusion/violation incidents detected by the WIDS. This position engages in hands-on operation of the various mobile/portable products in execution of continuous monitoring assessments for unauthorized wireless devices.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP)
GIAC Assessing and Auditing Wireless Networks (GAWN)
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8-10 years of related wireless security experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with radio frequencies, TCP/IP, IEEE 802.11 and 802.15 protocols, and cellular protocols
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with mobile (portable) and enterprise-class WIDS, wireless scanning, and spectrum analysis products
- Working knowledge of the tools and methodologies utilized by wireless penetration testers and wireless hackers
- Strong knowledge of industry and IC policies and procedures with respect to wireless intrusion detection and secure wireless networking
- Experience with site surveys and site design tools for the purpose of efficient and effective deployment of WLAN and WIDS
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS