Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc.
1. Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards.
2. Records and analyzes data and writes summaries and reports to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
3. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to ISO standards.
4. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures.
5. Maintains appropriate documentation related to quality assurance tests and inspections.
6. Provides quality training.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
8. Guides and directs employees in quality improvement efforts.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. May require travel out of town on extend job tasks.
1. Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
2. May require professional, technical, or company certification(s), depending on job assignment.
1. 3-5 years of related quality assurance testing and NDT Level II inspection experience.
2. Has been trained and qualified as a Level II Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Inspector in Visual (VT), Liquid Penetrant (PT), and Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) with inspections on Surface Ships, Submarines and MSC Ships.
3. Basic Paint Inspector a plus.
4. Electrical knowledge a plus.
5. Must be knolwedgeable in NAVSEA Standard Items and 9090.310G.
6. Conducts Audits and Surveillances during installations.
7. Knowledge of MS work and EXCEL required for development of QA workbooks and Test and Inspection plans.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS