Researches, prepares and edits technical documents.
1. Researches, prepares and edits technical documents for publication, including user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
2. Reviews, researches, and edits information for preparation of contract deliverables.
3. Ensures documents meet editorial and customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
4. Interfaces with writers, illustrators, word processors, and subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the edited draft for publication.
5. Participates in the creation of proposals and multi-media presentation materials.
6. Participates in the design and development of marketing brochures, conference programs, public relations announcements, and other materials when requested.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in English, Journalism or a related discipline.
2-5 years of related experience preparing and editing technical documentation.
*Secret Clearance required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Must be able to obtain/maintain Secret level security clearance.
Software Powered by iCIMS