Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
The candidate must be flexible, organized, and proactive with strong technical ability and leadership qualities
Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
Previous TAO analytic experience is required
Must have a customer focus and an ability to work with cross-organizational teams
Experience in computer networking and wireless networking is preferred
Skilled in regards to critical thinking, computer network theory and practices, simulation of operational environments, and off net operations and processes
Experience in computer or information systems design/development, programming, information/cyber/network security, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, computer forensics, information assurance, systems engineering, network and system administration, and military training in a relevant area such as JCAC (Joint Cyber Analysis Course)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS