Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer. Shift position (11:30 am - 8:00 PM), with the opportunity to move to an earlier shifts with seniority.
1. Provides professional telephone operations support in answering and managing incoming calls from a variety of sources.
2. Provides professional, courteous, resourceful support to all incoming calls.
3. Proficient in relevant computer applications, customer service principles and practices, call center telephony and technology, data entry, and clerical processes.
4. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
5. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
6. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
7. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
8. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
9. May provide work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
3-5 years of related administrative experience.
Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships with customers, coworkers and colleagues.
Must be able to work easily with non-native English speakers, and pay close attention to details.
Must have the ability to adapt to changing work environments, multiple tasks and priorities, and exercise discretion.
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS