Provides military subject matter expertise to support the Surface Warfare Enterprise (SWE). The mission of the SWE is to sustain current readiness and advance future Surface Navy warfighting capabilities at the best possible cost. The SWE serves within existing command structures to facilitate efficient use of resources and promote collaboration in mission effectiveness and streamlining decision making. The SWE supports the Commander Naval Surface Force and is composed of Type Commanders, Service Providers, and Resource Sponsors. Providing an effective and engaged Enterprise approach in support of readiness requirements is essential to meeting the operational and functional goals of the United States Surface Navy. Enterprise principles include:
- Cross-functional Engagement
- Data Transparency
- Optimal Use of Resources
- Commitment to Decisions, Actions and Results
- Process Improvement
- Active Participation
- Dedication to Effectiveness and Efficiency
The SWE is focused on building and executing the Surface Master Plan (SMP) which is supported by Class Execution Plans (CEP) and the Readiness Kill Chain (RKC) to deliver wholeness in the Surface Force. The Enterprise employs a pillar construct comprised of (1) Personnel, (2) Equipment, (3) Supply, (4) Training, (5) Ordnance, (6) Infrastructure, and (7) Networks. The Enterprise works collaboratively to establish a culture of process improvement; improved decision-making; process optimization; and warfighting readiness and effectiveness for the Surface Navy. To facilitate and enhance a collaborative decision-making environment and foster implementation of continuous improvement across the Enterprise, the SWE instituted Cross-Pillar Teams (CPT). There are two SWE CPTs: Current Readiness (CR CPT) and Future Readiness (FR CPT).
These teams work horizontally across the Enterprise to provide analysis and recommendations to leadership regarding progress against their strategic objectives and initiatives; action items; readiness issues; current and future year resourcing decisions; and process improvement efforts.
The SWE shall support the Commander, Navy Surface Force’s number one priority of “Warfighting First.”
1. Provides advanced analytical and technical support to projects involving training, tactical/operational documentation, military systems design or other efforts requiring military operations expertise.
2. Researches, identifies, and makes recommendations about resources required for task execution and completion.
Gathers, processes, and analyzes operational data.
3. Assists with the testing and development of new systems or updates to existing systems to meet client needs.
4. Identifies and recommends emergent relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes.
5. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as technical team or task leader.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical or military discipline.
10-15 years of related experience supporting military operations.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS