General Dynamics Health Solutions/ ARMA has an opening supporting the DOD Human Performance and Behavioral Health Services.
GD Health Solutions/ARMA have an exciting opportunity for individuals who are interested in supporting warriors with increased combat effectiveness, resiliency to show a measurable reduction in down time and create optimal performance on the targets. Additionally, this position will help to support and build stable families and support systems.
Physical Therapists (PTs) provide evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal conditions. They are licensed independent practitioners and credentialed as direct care providers in specific military HP settings. As such, the PTs shall evaluate and treat patients with or without referrals. The PTs will also refer patients to other staff members as needed. The PTs shall provide and perform the following services in support of HP program, with the priority on specific departments and Direct Combat Support personnel:
- Provide musculoskeletal injury care, utilizing approved supplemental clinical privileges including the ordering of imaging studies, laboratory tests, basic pharmaceuticals, and referrals to specialty providers, with consistent, appropriate, and required documentation.
- If directed by HP program Manager and/or Coordinator, directly supervise the PT Tech, PT Assistant, and/or Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) within their scope of practice.
- Participate in periodic meetings with HP for reasons such as, but not limited to, reviewing care provided to patients. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in matters related to injury prevention,
- Sports Medicine (SM), and rehabilitation.
- Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator for administrative matters, purchasing of supplies and equipment, and supplemental fiscal requests.
- Conduct equipment, product, and literature reviews to ensure the HP program stays current with the provision of care.
- Provide input for the development and utilization of required databases.
- Conduct peer (record) reviews for the HP Staff as directed.
- Assists the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and updating criteria-based job descriptions and performance standards.
- Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and maintaining clinical practice guidelines to ensure consistency of care across all HP Training Centers (HPTCs) and associated facilities.
- Assist with the preparation of short and long-term fiscal plans. Submits input to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Develop and promulgate training materials as requested and required by the HP program Manager and/or
- Ensure safe and effective operation of equipment used for patient care and contribute to a safe working environment.
- Participate in periodic in-service training for members of the HP staff or other staff as appropriate.
- Attend required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow for attendance at necessary conferences and/or courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain certification.
- Document care in the Military’s Electronic Health Record (i.e., AHLTA, GENESIS, etc.) and/or the HP
- Enterprise-wide database (i.e., SPEAR), as directed by HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by staff.
- Attend and participate in meetings with other staff members and medical providers as requested and/or required.
- Perform other tasks, within the scope of the PT position description, as assigned by the HP program
- Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Collect and report all data as requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by
- Literately utilize computers, software, and technologies as required and requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by staff.