- Shall administer, operate, manage, establish, configure, optimize, and monitor applications and tools for monitoring management.
- Shall configure and optimize Government network monitoring tools and applications.
-- Conducting real-time monitoring of AF networks using tools and information dashboards
-- Maintaining audit logs for servers
-- Monitoring systems at locations within the scope of this effort
-- Configuring and optimizing Government network monitoring tools and applications to integrate data feeds to provide situational awareness to stakeholders and facilitate real-time alerts and effective response
-- Providing Tier 2 technical support for monitoring management services
-- Monitoring system traffic and rates of data flow
-- Identifying thresholds and establishing meaningful alerts
-- Managing system resources
-- Planning for required system capacity
-- Identifying, recommending and implementing changes to achieve system and network performance improvements
-- Developing event views, ad-hoc or scheduled reports and scripts to provide effective event resolution and situational awareness
-- Adjusting situational awareness view configurations to incorporate new data feeds
-- Implementing, managing, and adjusting configuration settings as approved by Configuration Change Control Boards
- Shall monitor resources for suspicious or disruptive behavior or high-end threat activities.
- This task includes customizing Government provided monitoring tools to monitor Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) management, Base-level Information Transport Node (ITN) and End Building Node (EBN) resources on all AF bases for suspicious or disruptive behavior or high-end threat activities inside the base boundaries to protect and defend AFIN clients, networks, databases, and data/voice systems from unauthorized activity.
- Shall establish, operate, manage, & maintain enterprise monitoring tools and applications.
-- Administering, maintaining, backing-up, restoring and providing system operational support for enterprise infrastructure health monitoring tools (e.g., Solarwinds and EMC Smarts/IONIX), enterprise server and application tools (e.g., NetIQ App Manager, Microsoft, VMware and Quest products), aggregated monitoring environments (e.g., NetCool/NetCop, or current AF tools), Web, SharePoint, SQL and Microsoft Internet Information Server (MIIS) environments, Service management (ITIL) environments (e.g., Remedy, or current AF tools)
-- Installing hardware and software
-- Integrating systems
-- Conducting patch and account management
-- Troubleshooting and resolving incidents
-- Testing and implementing solutions
-- Auditing, recording and tracking change and incident activities
-- Creating trending reports
-- Creating functional and security procedures and system documentation
-- Configuring system files and services
Please Note: Shift work is possible.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+ CE, SSCP) or higher
- Experience operating and maintaining SolarWinds
- Experience with Microsoft SCOM/SCORE
Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS