Location: Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
1. BA / BS degree, subject immaterial
2. Experience: at least eight years experience with Military training and training support; have had experience in technical support and training requirements at Brigade or higher level; have a minimum of 8 years experience or equivalence in integrating training environments, planning architectures and stimulation of Army Mission Command Systems in support of unit training events and distributed exercises (Network architecture design and implementation; MS Server, CISCO, SONET, (MCSE/MCSA)). Will have a strong understanding of technology integration and information flow including LAN/WAN, firewalls, security, storage, and backup methodologies. Knowledge of specific product lines (Cisco, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard, Tripwire) Understand the DIACAP Certification &Accreditation process and Information Assurance requirements
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS