Provides preventative maintenance, inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair various types of Forklifts.
1. Schedules, prioritizes, inspects, and repairs forklifts, pallet jacks, and carts
2. Determines, within prescribed value range, when a major component/assembly is to be repair, rebuilt, replaced or discarded.
3. Responsible for assisting with the purchasing of parts and services.
4. Required to maintain fleet and training vehicles; and prepares written estimates on cost an d labor time for corrective repairs.
5. Interacts with customers to keep them informed of status of vehicles, repairs needed, etc.
6. Based on assignment, independently performs corrective maintenance and repairs to the fleet. Informs government focal point if a task cannot be safely performed alone.
7. Inspects, diagnoses and isolates vehicle and equipment malfunctions; troubleshoots, traces and locates defects and/or causes of mechanical problems to determine type and extent of necessary repairs.
8. Repairs all assigned forklifts and equipment to ensure they are safe and dependable.
9. Inspects and tests equipment for mechanical defects, and replaces worn parts.
10. Removes, replaces, adjusts, or cleans defective parts or components.
11. Perform oil changes, check fluids, diagnose tread wear, charge and repair batteries and trouble shoot problems.
12. Inspects/replaces hydraulic lines/hoses as needed.
13. Ensure braking and electrical systems are optimal.
14. Utilize appropriate techniques and procedures in accordance with manufacturer's specification.
15. Identifies necessary parts, equipment and supplies needed to complete repair or preventive check.
16. Road test vehicles during and occasionally upon completion of maintenance/repair work.
17. Responds to emails and telephone calls.
18. Performs other related duties as required or as directed by Supervisor regarding forklift and equipment maintenance.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Ability to become certified in the safe operation of forklifts by this government Agency within 30-days of commencing work and every 24-months as required.
Certified maintenance on Raymond brand forklifts.
Other pertinent forklift maintenance certifications.
Ten (10) years experience in the problem diagnosis, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of forklift maintenance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS