Performs routine tasks in one or more functional areas of accounting.
1. Performs routine and some non-routine accounting tasks in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, or job cost.
2. Processes invoices into accounting system.
3. Prepares month-end closing data.
4. Posts accounts payable and accounts receivable to general ledger.
5. Enters, posts, and maintains journal entries in accounting system.
6. Audits expense reports and subcontractor invoices.
7. Reviews invoices, purchase orders, and billings for proper coding, duplicates, compliance with company and government policies, approval, and supporting documentation.
8. Performs monthly reconciliation of accounts.
9. Interacts with other accounting staff; project managers, and vendors to resolve discrepancies.
10. Prints and reviews various reports for accuracy.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
Associate's Degree preferred.
1-3 years of related accounting support experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS