Performs routine tasks in one or more functional areas of accounting.
1. Performs accounting tasks in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, or job cost.
2. Generates, processes, and posts billings, invoices, accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense reports, etc.
3. Processes invoices, journal entries, and other financial transactions into accounting system.
4. Prepares month-end closing data.
5. Audits expense reports and subcontractor invoices.
6. Reviews invoices, purchase orders, and billings for proper coding, duplicates, compliance with company and government policies, approval, and supporting documentation, and makes changes as necessary.
7. Researches incorrectly processed invoices and performs corrective actions.
8. Interacts with other accounting personnel, project managers, and vendors to resolve discrepancies.
9. Generates final invoices and forwards for final review and approval.
10. Acts as a team leader, providing work leadership to less-experienced Accounting Assistants.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related accounting support experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS