Serves as a business advisor to customers and provides technical guidance to members of the contracting team and customers.
1. Assesses the need of the customer, consistently crafting the best business solution; continuously seeks to identify opportunities to create efficiencies (e.g., bundling)
2. Pro-actively works with various internal and external components to ensure performance/delivery.
3. Provides technical assistance to Agency and/or non-Agency customers to solve a full range of complex acquisition problems.
4. Provides technical advice to managers within area of assignment, junior officers, and/or team members on a full range of complex acquisition matters and issues.
5. Assists in the first level of review for resolution of policy interpretation issues involving customers, within assigned component.
6. Conducts a full range of complex acquisition life-cycle activities from project inception through contract award and subsequent closeout activities.
7. Participates in complex acquisition planning activities for assigned organizations.
8. Assists in development of source selection and negotiation strategies and award activities for a full range of contracts to include preparing and issuing of solicitations, and preparing and releasing awards.
9. Assists in the performance of all contract administration to include critical review of proposed changes; ensuring compliance with contract terms and conditions; and resolving delays and disputes.
10. Ensure contract completeness in preparation for contract closeout.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Contract Administration or a closely related field of study; or equivalent work experience in a closely related field.
2. Professional certification (CPCM/CFCM) preferred.
8-10 years of progressively responsible professional Government contracting experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS