GDIT has exciting JAVA/Web based services Architect opportunities supporting a long term contract in New Orleans, LA. Come join and grow with a highly accomplished and technical team on a growth oriented DOI initiative.
Functional Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
3. Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
5. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems; such as storage capacity; processing speed; and input/output requirements.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related software development experience.
1. Previous experience in leading technical teams; interacting with senior managers; defining requirements; providing and reviewing work assignments
2. Expert knowledge of software engineering principles; methods; and techniques
3. Experience with IDE such as NetBeans; Eclipse; and JDeveloper
4. Experience developing applications using Java/J2EE technologies (JDBC; Servlets; JSP)
6. Experience with relational databases (Oracle/SQL and/or DB2) and Data Modeling
7. Experience with Web Server (WebLogic server preferred) WebLogic; JBoss; Tomcat; Glass Fish; and Apache
1. Familiarity with Security Development practices such as OWASP; NIS and FISMA
2. Experience with web applications and RESTful web service framework
3. Experience with code management and version control tools
4. Applied knowledge of Agile Development Methodology; product development methodologies; database methodologies and software integration
5. Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills. Strong client relationship management skills
6. Experience in the oil and gas industry a plus
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS